Monday 11 June 2012

Update

I've not posted for a bit because it is difficult to at the moment.


Daughter's chemo was reduced because of repeat infections.  She's been better in herself, but her counts are now higher than doctors would like, so dose will be going back up.  It is a roller coaster of numbers; a fine balancing act trying to get them in the correct range.


I can't talk about work now.  I have to go; I wish I could afford to stay at home.  The guilt is difficult and the pressure is starting to make me ill.  I do wonder where I will be when we finish treatment in a year.  


It is a long, hard slog, the treatment of leukaemia.  It is always there, being a darkness in the corner.  However normal I can pretend life is, it is only ever for a minute.


They say we have the worst of times and the best of times.  I hope this is her worst of times.  She deserves to live a charmed life from this point onwards, after all she has endured.


Sending love and best wishes to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment