Tuesday 20 December 2011

Praying for a Christmas at home

Preparations for Christmas are done.  This is because I have a lot of time on my hands!


However, things are a bit bleak today.  Daughter is covered in a rash.  Because there is no temperature with it, we are fine to wait until her chemo appointment on Thursday to get her checked out.  They said if I was very concerned I could take her down.  I'm going to see how she is when she gets up.


My son has a fever temperature though.  This makes it difficult as I can't take him to hospital with a temperature because he will put the cancer patients at risk.  I'm at home alone with them, and husband has used all his holiday already going to hospital/helping me, so I don't know if his work would release him to come home and stay with son if I need to take her in.


I'm also very worried that the rash is something more than just a rash.  At the moment it looks like red blotches, with no evidence of anything more sinister.  However, we live in fear of the POX as son has never had it, and daughter will be put at risk by it.  She had a small shingles rash recently, so I know what I'm looking for and I'm reasonably happy at this stage that it isn't, but I will be watching them like a hawk.


Worst case is that it is, and they drag her into hospital for at least 5 days on antibiotics, usually more.


I feel like I'm always ringing hospital about something, and that I'm always taking her in.  I'm sure they roll their eyes on the other end of the line when I tell them it's me calling. 


I'm just hoping that when she gets up, it's looking better.


Please, please, please, please don't make us have Christmas in hospital.  This year has been tough enough.  It's the one thing we've all had to look forward to.


Please.

No comments:

Post a Comment